SAPPROS Nepal in partenership with CBM has implemented the SAMMUNNATI – Prosperity through inclusive livelihood project at Sindhupalchowk district, Indrawati Rural Municipality and Helambu Rural Municipality.
Duration of the Project:
01/01/2020 – 31/12/2022
Contribute to socio-economic empowerment of persons with disabilities at community level of Indrawati Rural Municipality and Helambu Rural Municipality.
To promote sustainable socio-economic development through financial inclusion, skill development and inclusive livelihoods of people with disabilities and their families in Indrawati and Helambu Rural Municipalities of Sindhupalchowk district.
Result 01: SHGs working effectively to support in their own socio-economic activities
Result 02: Men, women, girls, and boys across all types of impairments and their sfamilies have access to financial services and social security schemes.
Men and women, across all types of impairments and their families have access to sustainable and climate resilient livelihood opportunities.
Strengthened programme with all management system effectively work with local government.
- Strengthened self-help groups.
- Facilitate to formulate/activate self-help groups with people with diverse disabilities(19 SHG).
- Plan and carry out orientations to self-help groups on legal provisions, advocacy strategies, local resource mobilization, DIDRR and other relevant issues (19 Group).
- Community volunteer cost for social mobilization.
- Improved awareness and representations in community groups/networks among community people on disability.
- Placement of posters/flex with positive messages in public places of community i.e. schools, bus stops, community buildings and others (1000 copies each year).
- Sensitize local government and other relevant stakeholders on disability inclusive development.
- Link men and women, girls and boys across all types of impairments and their families on existing social services based on policy provision and processes.
- Encourage self-help groups for joint meeting with social networks and service providers, financial intermediaries for join collaborations.
- Support to receive disability ID card through the information from field assessment.
- Conduct need based IG activities (On-farm/Off farm/Non-farm).
- Promotion of appropriate Micro Irrigation Technologies (MITs) and improved farming
- Promotion of disability inclusive promising technologies for generating income and reasonable accommodations/structural adjustments.
- Conduct need based Vocational training to farmers (20 farmers in each Rural Municipalities)
- Facilitate the development of business plans of Off-farm and on-farm activities targeting 50 persons with disabilities
- Supports on climate tolerant, high yielding and nutrition rich improved or heritage Seed (Cereals, vegetables, fruits. etc)
- Conduction of exposure visits of farmers (20 from each Rural Municipalities)
- Subject Matter Specialist
- Capacitated project team
- Orientation to project staffs and volunteers on project plans, DID and CBID approach.
- Conduction of baseline/end line survey and sharing the data with the local government.
- Conduction of periodic review and planning meeting (half yearly, mid-term and final).