Narrative Description of the Project
This project envisages to provide technical assistance services to the immediate shed beneficiaries of the project (400 HHs in Lamjung and Tanahun districts) and potential innovative farmers in enhancing agriculture capacity and establishing cordial relationship with concerned stakeholders for their sustainable livelihood and income generation. The project seeks to stimulate and engage the public/private sectors including government, non-government and financial intermediaries, by enhancing the capacity of poor farmers leading to effective market development for positive and sustained practice change.
Actual Services provided by SAPPROS
SAPPROS provided technical assistance services through engaging and enhancing capacity of concerned stakeholders at recently implemented ‘Construction of Livestock Shed Project’ areas in Lamjung and Tanahun districts through:
- Coordination: Liaise and coordinate with government, private sectors and other line agencies including DLSO, DADO, VDCs/DDCs, financial intermediaries, to provide support to the community.
- Visibility: General information of each shed beneficiaries with a key note and contact address are prepared and displayed on each of the sheds for project visibility and transparency. Likewise, the list of project beneficiaries with respective models are printed on flex and displayed at respective VDC/Ward office.
- Capacity Building: SAPPROS provided various capacity building training particularly on animal husbandry and shed management, promotion of kitchen gardening using farmyard manure (FYM), compost manure/ effective urine application. Similarly, the project will develop, print and distribute three separate curriculums on 1) Kitchen Gardening, 2) FYM/Compost Manure and 3) Urine application. It envisaged that the effective imagery description of each sequential activity instruct easy understanding and wider dissemination of technology.
- Access to Finance: The project facilitated community to build strong linkages with financial intermediaries specially the Agriculture Development Bank, Micro-Credit Institutions and Cooperatives for business planning and easy access for soft agriculture credits.
- Access to Market: SAPPROS provided inputs in establishing, operating and strengthening processes of easy accessing physical markets for the produce of project beneficiaries.
July 2016 to March 2017
SAMARTH Nepal Market Development Programme (NMDP)
Project Coverage Area: