Project duration: 15/06/2020 – 12/15/2020
Target group: 764 most at-risk and marginalized households including persons with disabilities from Helambu and Indrawati municipalities/Palikas of Sindhupalchok district.
Overall objective: To contribute to inclusive response to COVID-19 where most at-risk groups including persons with disabilities and their families access information and basic needs assistance on equitable basis with others and are protected from health risks associated with the pandemic. Specific objective: To reduce the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the lives of women, men, girls and boys with disabilities, their families and other at-risk communities in Nepal through inclusive basic needs assistance.
Result: Basic needs assistance to most at-risk groups: Most at-risk households including women, men, girls and boys with disabilities and their family members can cover their basic needs and are able to better prevent and cope with the adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic through multipurpose cash or in-kind assistance.
- Beneficiary selection using CBM’s inclusive targeting criteria
- Provide basic needs support to the identified beneficiaries’ households through the multipurpose cash or in-kind assistance for the period of one month.
- Ensure the quality of goods distributed through inclusive complaints and feedback mechanism.
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM)
- Conduct assessment of the availability of medicines and other medical aids for at-risk groups including people with disabilities, pregnant and lactating mothers, older people, etc.
- Coordination with line agencies including local government and participate the cluster meeting with policy brief update.
- Developed and Disseminate learning documents
- Capacity building of Project staff/volunteers on COVID-19 prevention and inclusive Humanitarian Response