The major objectives of SAPPROS are:
- Development of self-governing grassroots level institutions.
- Development of sustainable community infrastructures and community managed natural resource systems.
- Achieving sustainable household income and food security.
- Enhancement of participation of women and disadvantaged groups in mainstream movement.
- Increasing the physical and financial resource bases of households and the communities.
- Improvement of local capacities to manage and sustain developmental activities.
- Improving the quality of life through social sector interventions.
- Development of an operating model for social mobilization based on experiences from the field.